Day 109 | i can use adult scissors

If you're wondering where my odd daily titles come from, they're usually snippets of humorous things I hear kids say throughout the day.  Like today's title for example.  I was coloring with a 5 year old skier and out of the blue she tells me that she can use adult scissors.  My Lil Ripper said a funny one today too.  When I was explaining to him that he could go on the computer and look up his day on flaik.com, he told me that he didn't have a computer but he had a laptop!

Six year old Andrei was back today and I was keen to hang with him.  He was the only Lil Ripper taking lessons and I knew I could take him to the top of the mountain.  In the morning we practiced his turns again on both carpets.  After lunch we rode to the village and out of the blue, he started turning!  I was super stoked.  Of course, if he had his way, he would have rather did freeride (zig zags) instead of turning.  So we had an equal compromise on when he should turn and when he should freeride.

It was before noon when we hit the village and there was plenty of time to take him to the Alpine so that's what we did.  The sun was shining and the snow was nice and soft packed.  Not to mention there wasn't many people on the runs or in the lift lines.  Again, Andrei practiced his turns and did his zig zags.  We made it back to the CLC in less than an hour.  Not bad for a six year old.  He was thirsty and a bit tired so we took a break in the CLC for awhile before heading to the Magic Carpet and doing jumps.  We finished the day with another freeride down to the village.  Mom and Dad asked if he wanted to come to lessons again tomorrow and he said yes, but I told them I wouldn't be able to take him as I have Club tomorrow.  Not sure if he'll show up anyway or not.

0 comments: