Day 116 | blizz-fest

It's day three of Telus Fest but you'd never know it by the weather.  When one thinks of Telus Fest, one thinks of sunny spring warm weather.  Not this year, at least not yet.  At 2pm this afternoon, there was literally a blizzard at the Roundhouse!!  Actually the weather was weird all day.  It jumped from sun, to clouds, to snow, to ice, to sun, to clouds ... etc.  And the temps are cooler than normal.  Definitely not Spring.

At the morning meeting, we had seven Instructors working and three kids pre-booked for lessons.  All of our mouths dropped when we were told the numbers.  I thought my Supervisor was kidding.  I'm happy to report that eight more kids signed up in the morning, topping our numbers off for a total of eleven kids, five classes.

I couldn't bring myself to deal with another Lil Ripper class so I opted to take the Level four class.  There were two boys in level four and one boy in level five.  I took all three up Garbanzo to see if they could fit together.  We headed down Whiskey Jack and ran down Ptarmigan.  Once on Ptarmigan,  I quickly realized I had two level fives on my hands and one level three.  I gave the level fives to Devon and I took the one level three.

He was a chilled guy from Vancouver who was in Whistler Kids back in March.  He wasn't into side hits, trees, or jumps.  He liked riding straight down the middle of the run.  Fine by me as the groomers on Whistler were soft packed and really nice.

After lunch he wanted to head over to Blackcomb where we spent our time on the blues.  It was a nice afternoon even with the blizzard like conditions from time to time.  By 2pm he was ready to have a break so we took the Peak 2 Peak back to Whistler, rode down to the CLC and chilled out on the jump til it was time to download.  

0 comments: