Day 110 | sniff! sniff!



Today was the last day of Club.  Fourteen weeks have passed just like that.  Boy the season always goes by so fast.   All of my kids showed up and we spent the day with Betty and Lauren's teams.  Betty set up a really cool scavenger hunt for her team and we (Lauren and I) decided to include our kids.  Betty didn't mind.

We piled 11 people into the Village Gondola and headed up to the Roundhouse.  The idea of the scavenger hunt was to figure out what were the runs Betty labeled on an old trail map.  Once the kids could confirm the runs, they were then given clues as to where to find easter eggs that contained "treasure".  It was suppose to take most of the day but because we had eight kids playing instead of Betty's four, they figured everything out before lunch.

After lunch we switched kids around from Instructor to Instructor.  Betty had boys who wanted to go through the Terrain Park and one girl who wasn't interested.  So she came with me and Lauren and we went through some easy tree runs.  Josh also had a level five girl who didn't want to chase her male teammates through the Terrain Park so she came with us too.  It was good for my kids to ride with a bunch of other kids in different levels because it pushed them to keep up with everyone.  They all impressed me with their speed and ability.

Since it's the last week of Club, we had some chocolate cake at the CLC at the end of the day to celebrate a season well done.  Jaden brought me back a postcard from Hawaii and the coolest keychain.  I received a very nice card from Mia and her Mom included a nice tip ($$).  That was very nice of her.  I told Jaden's parents they could request me for next season.  He's my favorite guy in Whistler Kids and would love to hang with him for another full season of Club.  But that's a very long time away!!!!

0 comments: