Day 122 | called in for overtime

After working a ten day week, I was looking forward to a weekend off but my Scheduler called on Saturday asking if I could work today.  No problem as it's overtime and I only have one more paycheck left before I enter the world of unemployment (and poverty).

Surprisingly there were close to 20 kids in snowboarding lessons.  Since I was on the overtime clock, I wanted to work.  I didn't care what level I was given just as long as I worked.  I was given the seven level twos.

We spent the morning working on toe edge sideslips.  After lunch we worked on S turns.  A couple of them were turning by the end of the afternoon.  The day dragged on pretty slow.  It was cloudy and cold.  At least when the sun shines, a day on the Magic Carpet isn't so bad.  Of course we built a jump as that always helps the time pass quickly.

Tomorrow is the last day of Whistler Kids.  We have four Instructors scheduled and three kids pre-booked. I hope the sun shines but the forecast calls for another return of winter.

0 comments: