Day 113 | GRRRR ....... !!!!



Another 8cm of snow fell overnight and it's officially the second snowiest season on record for Whistler Blackcomb.  We've received 49 feet of snow and it's still snowing as I write this.

I was assigned level threes at the morning meeting but I opted to take the same Lil Ripper I had yesterday.  I don't think we ended up having a level three class so I made the right choice.  We had another 20+ kids signed up for lessons plus a total of three Lil Rippers.  One girl was going to be 7 years old next week so we put her with the level two class and I took the six year old who had never snowboarded before.  He got along great with my other guy and was really keen to snowboard.

For Kingsley (the four year old), he was more about the socializing than the snowboarding today.  But he was great at helping me show Braeden how to put on and take off his bindings.  It was quite cute to watch a four year old give instruction.  Once we got up the Magic Carpet, Kingsley mostly played in the snow while Braeden wanted to learn how to ride.

We ended up taking a pretty long break/lunch but spent most of the afternoon outside.  Having all these Lil Rippers has given me a chance to brush up on my face painting skills and I have to admit I'm getting quite good at it (see pic).

Kingsley's Dad checked him out at the CLC while Braeden and I took the gondola down to meet with his Mom and Dad.  The day went by pretty quick and Braeden should be returning tomorrow.

0 comments: