Day 118 | snow in my driveway AGAIN!!!



Yes, there was about a centimeter of snow in my driveway when I woke up this morning.  It's almost May!  The weather was a mixed bag all day with sun, clouds, cool temps, and lots of isolated snow showers.

My level four/five AC kids picked up two Destination kids:  one from yesterday and a girl from New York.  I was worried she wasn't going to be as good as the other kids but she fit in perfectly.  I promised the kids we would ride Peak to Creek after lunch so we warmed up through Enchanted Forest trees and Marmot trees.

Dark clouds were moving through all day and I was hoping Peak to Creek would be clear once we got up there at noon but no such luck.  The first 200 or so yards were completed sopped in with fog.  The kids were a little nervous since the visibility was so poor but we all stuck together in a pack and they made it through with no problems.  The run was mostly small moguls most of the way down.  We made it to Dusty's Creekside in less than an hour.  Not bad.

After that we were able to fit in a run from the bottom of Red Chair to the village and then back up to the Roundhouse for a last cool down run to finish the day.  We covered about 14 miles when it was all said and done.


0 comments: