Day 12 | training RST


Bitter cold temps continue in Whistler with blue skies and sunny days.  I had a two hour training session that I was not looking forward to.  At 7am, temps in the Alpine were 0°F (-18°C) and the winds were whipping.  Even the penguins were cold!  The only good thing about this weather is that Whistler can kick the snow guns into high gear and blow snow 24/7 ... which is what they have been doing, particularly below mid-station.  They want to have enough snow for people to ski out, especially by the xmas rush.  Today the conditions on the ski-out changed from "marginal"... meaning: not enough snow cover..... to "avoid rocks and obstacles".... meaning: avoid rocks and obstacles.... but there should be plenty of snow cover.

When I reached the CLC, I was happy to learn we were going to be holding the training indoors and we weren't going to have to bare the frigid temps outside.  I had to get my one run in and since there was enough snow to ski down to the village, that's what I did.  It was still freezing cold!!  Not to mention, there were about 20 snow guns blasting snow in my face.   Arctic forecast continues for tomorrow and I am scheduled to work.  I'm keeping warm today and trying not to think about it.

0 comments: