Day 20 | nothing but wet


rain - snow - rain - snow - rain - snow - repeat for 7 hours ....  Pray your Gore-tex is working!
Weird weather today.  It rained and then changed to snow, back and forth, all day at the CLC.  When it snowed, the snowflakes were huge (see pic) ~ when it rained, it was close to freezing rain.  It didn't take us long to get completely soaked first thing in the morning.  One lap on the Olympic Chair with low level three kids and we were drenched by 10:30am.

High winds in the Alpine and complete cloud cover didn't deter people from the 28cm of fresh snow.  Everyone said the snow was amazing but the wind was gusting past 100kph.  I tried getting my level threes up there but every time we stood in line at the gondola, it would stop for 20 minutes at a time (because of the high winds up top).  I decided to just do valley laps all day.  Overall it was a pretty chill day.  My uniform was wet but because I somehow ended up with a new uniform this season, I stayed pretty dry underneath.  Lucky me!




2 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Cool goggle picture!

Ronia Nash said...

Yea! I love goggle reflection shots ...