Day 31 | fighting a cold


 After work yesterday, I could feel a cold coming on.  I am trying to fight it but when I woke up this morning, I felt worse.  If I didn't have Adventure Camp, I probably would have called in sick.  But since I have the same kids all week, I didn't want to bail on them midweek.  As the week goes on my kid count has been going down.  Today I only had four.  My oldest AC girl, who is one month shy of 13 years, moved to the teenager program where she can spend the rest of her time with her peers instead of her eight year old cousins who are with me.  

We haven't had any snow in a while and lately we've been having an inversion.  It's also the second week of the holidays so there are a ton of tourists out there.   The first thing we did was take a run down to the valley.  I'm still working on getting these kids turning.  The second thing we did was build a jump with another class.  After lunch I decided to take them to the Roundhouse where it was snowing like crazy.  We did a run down Egobowl, back up Emerald Chair and then downloaded back to the CLC.

I taught the kids how to play Two Truths and a Lie while in the gondola.  Now they're hooked on that game!  Also, my one kid from Hawaii (pic below) gave me a piece of Rocky Mountain fudge - .... mmmmmmmm.



0 comments: