Day 8 | half day

Two kids were signed up for Snowboard School.  I took a 12 year girl from Texas whom I had taught last season.  She was a level 4/5 so it meant I was able to leave the Magic Carpet area behind.  Skies today were blue without a cloud in sight!  Sun was shining but temps are cold with weather like this.  It was about 10°F (-10°C) so the snowmaking team was out in full force from the Roundhouse down to Midstation.  We took an easy warmup run down Whiskey Jack.  Conditions were hard packed with some icy spots here and there.  Nothing great but not bad.  Typical Northeast conditions to be honest.  During my rookie days back at Smugglers Notch, conditions like this wouldn't have phased me at all.  But now that I'm use to pristine powder, days like this make riding not so fun for me.  It's funny how spoiled people (Ronia Nash) can get.

Once we got to the Emerald Chair, Bonnie said she wasn't feeling very well and wanted to call her mom and go home.  We rode down to the CLC, called her mom and she was picked up around 11am.  It meant a half day of work for me.  But Bonnie is returning tomorrow so I know I'll be able to get another day of work under my belt.  I need to work 15 days in order to make holiday pay at Christmas.

I got the scoop on Paris Hilton in Whistler.  She is here and came with another rich guy who brought an entire entourage with him.  I didn't get his name but apparently she's only here to tag along with him.  I don't know why.  They hired about 13 private instructors for the entourage and they are not that hard to spot having lunch at the Roundhouse or on the slopes.  A few of my co-workers have had their pictures taken with her over the weekend.  Today she was doing a photoshoot and they are suppose to leave tomorrow.  Apparently they are all staying at the Four Seasons.  Is Hilton affiliated with Four Seasons????  Oh yea, and they also brought with them their personal chef!!!  Must be nice.....

  

2 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Did she bring her little dog? Well, that's pretty cool you have celebs hanging around. Just wait till the Olympics....

Ronia Nash said...

I didn't see the dog....