Day 32 | the snow has begun to arrive



The countdown continues as another kid didn't show up today so I was down to three for a snowy Thursday.  I sure hope at least one shows up on New Years Day so I can get paid holiday pay.  

At any rate, I was getting kind of frustrated in the morning because it's the forth day for these kids and with the exception of one, they still aren't turning.  Usually by the second full day, they are at least starting to get it.  I was feeling bad for the smallest boy.  I told his parents at the beginning of the week that if they wanted to make their kid's life easier they should rent him a snowboard - even though he technically doesn't NEED a different board.  The snowboard he brought from home is too big for him, he has trouble doing up the bindings, and the thing hasn't had any wax on it since it was new back in 1998!!!  Naturally he shows up every day with the same board and he wasn't progressing at all.... and I was the one getting frustrated!  Finally at 11am, after we did a Valley lap, I ran into the rental shop and grabbed the correct size snowboard for him.  Low and behold, within twenty minutes of being on the right equipment, the kid was s-turning like there's no tomorrow.  He had the biggest grin on his face for the rest of the afternoon because he was now a level three.  I gave his mom the guilt trip at the end of the day and sent her home with both snowboards and instructions to return tomorrow with only the rental board.  Damn, we do know what we're talking about.  We're pros after all.  ; )~


1 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Good work Rizzo! I've always said you were a pro.