Day 21 | WB Family Night


Every year, around the holidays, Whistler Blackcomb holds family night.  Employees with kids are invited and everything is set up for kids:  dinner with kids' fav: chicken strips,  pictures with Santa, horse drawn sleigh rides, jumpy castle, face painting, and everyone's favorite:  snowmobile rides!!

I volunteered my instructing services for those kids who wanted to give snowboarding a try.  They could grab some rental gear from Base II, strap on and head down the Magic Chair area.  WB had the lights on so it was three hours of night riding.  Pretty cool.  I hung out for a few hours, teaching kids how to zig zag.  I thought I was volunteering but later I was told it was a paid gig!  Can't beat that, especially with free chicken strips and fries!!

3 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

That sounds pretty cool. Must be a whole different look and fell at night.

Ronia Nash said...

It is fun at night! Totally different feel....

Susan C said...

You never said anything about a jumpy castle! Dammit! I missed it!