Day 28 | sixth day call off

I was scheduled to work today (my sixth day in a row) but yesterday my Scheduler called and told me I had the day off.  I wasn't too upset considering I was up late Christmas night and I'm scheduled for ten days straight during the New Year.  Even though I didn't have to work, I was up early and decided to take the SLR camera up to the Peak to get some blue bird pictures.  One coffee and two pop tarts later, I was unloading off the Peak Chair with camera in hand and it was only 9am.

The weather in Whistler lately has been clear skies with an inversion (warmer temps in higher elevation with cooler temps at lower elevation).  When I arrived on the Peak it was 3°C (37°F) and the sun was shining brightly!!!  Perfect day for taking photos.

I didn't do much riding.  I rode from the Peak down Highway 86 back to Red Chair.  Back up to the Peak and then rode The Saddle all the way back to the village.  I only stopped once at Mid-Station to say hello to a co-worker.  I don't know how accurate the Flaik responders are, but mine read that I hit 30mph at one point on my run down and kept a speed of over 20mph most of the way.  That seems fast to me, especially since I consider myself to be a fairly slow rider.


Inukshuk with Black Tusk in background.




Some could say this is my office.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome pics! 30mph... just converting to km/hr... ok that's fast!

Ronia Nash said...

that's what I thought. I don't think it's right but maybe ....