Day 74 | Pride Week

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to sign in an old student from my first year / first week of being a Whistler Kids instructor.  He was eight years old back then and I taught him how to turn.  I remember he was in my Adventure Camp class and he stood out as being the most fun kid and most memorable kid.  At the end of his time four years ago, he wrote me a nice note thanking me "for teaching him how to snowboard well".  He's back in Whistler with his family and now he's all grown up (sort of) -- He's 11 years old now, he's a level five, and he's much taller!

Unfortunately I already committed to taking my returning level three kid so Jacque went with a different instructor.  After spending most of the morning trying to sort out the nine riders we had and then getting photos taken, Max and I were finally able to head up to the Alpine for one run down before lunch.

This was Max's first time in Whistler and you can't come to Whistler Blackcomb without going on the Peak 2 Peak Gondola.  We took a round trip ride over the 1.3 mile span, took a couple photos, then headed back to Whistler to meet up with his dad.  Dad wanted to take some pics and videos of Max since he hasn't had a chance to see how much his snowboarding has improved.  Naturally at the end of the day, we built a ramp at the CLC and did our daily jump routine.






0 comments: