Day 89 | ADVENTURE CAMP (part I)

Today marks the beginning of spring craziness.  We're running Snowboard Adventure Camp for the next three weeks and I'm scheduled for AC every week.  I'm looking forward to it as I'm a fan of Adventure Camp and having the same kids every day for five days.

My class today consisted of the remarkable level one kid from a couple days ago (Deke).  He's from Hawaii and apparently he's a sponsored surfer.  He is currently a high level three but getting better and better as the days go by.  Anyhow, I took Deke and two other Destination kids who fit in the same level.

It was a beautiful day and the conditions were great.  Soft packed on all the groomers with powder off piste.  We spent most of our time in the Family Zone working on our turns but later we were able to have more fun by going off jumps and drops.  By late afternoon, the snow softened up below Emerald Chair to spring-like making the landings nice for jumps found off the sides of the runs.  Since these guys were only level three, it didn't take too much to wear them down.  All of them said "no" to mom and dad when asked if they wanted to take a last run at the end of the day.  A job well done in my opinion.  : )

0 comments: