Day 96 | Easter week

Over two feet in the snow in the last two days means anyone who can get to the mountain is going to have a great day on the slopes.  My AC kids are still level three so I filled my class card with six of them today.  It was snowing down to the village in the morning so we found fresh tracks from mid-station to the valley.  The snow was a bit heavy but for this time of year, it was pretty good.  We headed to the Roundhouse and dropped off Whiskey Jack where I found snow almost up to my waist in some spots.  It's a short run from there into Ego Bowl, and it's great for lower level kids to work on their powder skills.  The slope is steep enough to keep them moving and the run is short enough where they don't get worn out in one run.

For the first time in awhile, I didn't have a split in my class.  Meaning, every kid was exactly the same level!  It was awesome.  And they were all really cool and excited to be snowboarding.  Most importantly, they all loved the powder.  After lunch I wanted to take them through Marmot Trees but an Adventure Camp skier fell into a tree well earlier in the morning, resulting in patrol calling for "no trees" for the rest of the day.  Bummer.  We made the most of it by taking the powder bump run from one side of the Roundhouse down to the Red Chair side.  Another secret run through straight powder and onto Jimmy's Joker where the kids were excited to hit a black diamond.  Most of them zig zagged down it but they had a good time.  We were able to fit in one last run through the green family zone powder areas before heading home.  Most of the kids are returning tomorrow, and with any luck, I'll have the exact same class.

0 comments: