Day 90 | MacGyver

Picked up a couple other kids in my AC class for today and ended up with a three/four split.  Meaning: I had three level four kids and one level three kid.  The level three kid was keeping up okay but man I could tell he was going to be exhausted by the time the day was over.

It was super foggy on top Whistler in the morning so we stuck to groomed green runs working on turning.  After lunch we headed over to Blackcomb and into the terrain garden.  That took a while since the slower kid couldn't even get up the rollers and then he had a super hard time on the cat track back to Solar Coaster.  We bee-lined it back to Whistler after the garden run and headed to the CLC.  The boys enjoyed themselves a snowball fight while I wrote out report cards.  A last run down to the village in slushy spring snow, jumping the hits on the sides, and we were done.  Quick and easy day!

**My kids learned a new term today:  Macgyver.  One of them had a broken binding.  It was missing a screw.  I found some zip ties and put the binding back together, explaining to the kids that I was "Macgyver'ing it".  Being 9 years old, none of them knew what I meant so I had to explain about the TV show and how people now use the term Macgyver when finding a simple solution to something using existing resources.  At the end of the day I had to tell Dad about the broken binding and the kid insisted that he didn't want it fixed properly.  Dad seemed to think not fixing it would be a bit of a safety issue.  I guess I'll find out tomorrow who won that argument.

0 comments: