Day 81 | turtle speed

More snow overnight and the conditions are amazing!  I was assigned the level fours once again.  We had two level fours and two level threes.  We took a run down to the valley to see if we had a split.  Looked like we had an equal split:  two faster riders, two slower riders.  For some unknown reason, I volunteered to take the slower riders ..... and boy were they slow!

My one guy was a tiny seven year old and he was extra slow today.  He has beautiful turns down green or blue runs but he is painfully slow!  I made the most of the morning by finding and hitting powder on the sides of the runs.  After lunch I ventured out and wandered over into more powdery territory.  I knew I couldn't go very far because small kids have a really hard time in powder and tend to get stuck very easily. I made my way from Whiskey Jack to the Ego Bowl powder drop.  The kids easily zig zagged down that and were stoked to hit more powder.  Around into the terrain park and we found tons of pow down Cougar.  Traversed back into the heart of the park and hit more powder straight down the lift line.  The kids did amazingly well but unfortunately, with the turtle speed, we only had time for one of these fun powdery runs.

Skier visits were estimated at 20,000.  That made for crowded runs and long lift lines.  Luckily I was working so the words "life line" didn't apply to me.  No big deal when you only have level threes, but a huge deal when you have level sixes (like Aimee photo'd on the right) and the lift line is a 30 minute queue.... skipping that line meant fresh tracks down the Peak!  Lucky lucky Aimee!

0 comments: