Day 80 | heaps of snow



Fridays are my days off but because we've been so busy, I offered to work today with the understanding that if we did not need a sixth instructor, I would be the instructor going home.  It was snowing like crazy so it took a little while to sort out the classes.  I believe we had just under 20 riders.

Devon and I took the eight level fours to see if they would fit together or if the class needed to be split into two.  The instructor who had the level threes decided to join us as well as the level 5/6 instructor.  Basically we had 14 kids and 4 instructors making fresh tracks from mid-station to the valley.  It was a super fun run as there were 21cm of fresh snow that fell overnight, with the freezing level down to the village, resulting in light fluffy snow.  This was one of the first times this season we've had nice snow from G2 down.

All the classes were pretty much in the correct levels except for two girls who are kind of in between levels three and four.  I told them that I would ride with them for the morning and then after lunch they would go into the level three class.  They were way cool with that.  So we hit up the Roundhouse and powder-hounded down Whiskey Jack and back to the CLC for lunch.  It took us quite a bit of time as there was some digging out from the deep snow in some spots.  : )

After lunch I got the okay to get the hell out of there and followed Aimee with the level 5/6 class.  I told myself I was only going to take a run or two and then head home since I haven't had much time to do laundry and run typical day off errands.  Well one run turned into two runs, and then two runs turned into three runs, etc etc.  Basically we spent the entire day in powder around green chair and then double laps down Ptarmigan.... which had amazing snow drifts that were totally jumpable!  We all had a blast and by the time 3pm came around, I was still in the Alpine and I was exhausted.  It was so worth it!  To top it off, the sun came out for apres.  God seems to shine down on me every now and again, just when I need a pick me up.  The day was amazing and I left Whistler feeling happy (which is something I needed).

0 comments: