Day 77 | vancity spring break

Spring break week in Vancouver so the mountain is a bit busier this week than usual.  That's awesome because it means no instructors are fighting for work.   There are plenty of snowboard students to go around.  I was hoping for a class that would be able to ride in the Alpine since we got a bit of fresh snow over the last day or so.  I ended up with a low level three class.  I wasted no time heading up to the Roundhouse.   It was pretty chilly outside with a high temp of -11°C but the sun was shining with very little wind so it felt warmer than the thermometer was reading.

After lunch, the six year old in my class opted to move down to a slower level.  Just as we were about to head out the door, another kid came down with a bloody nose (I saw him digging for gold up there but guess he found red instead).  I put him in the den while we took a quick run down to the village.  Unfortunately, the nose was still bleeding a half hour later so he had to go home.  That left me with one kid for the rest of the afternoon.  It was pretty chill as he was able to turn on easy greens and the snow was soft packed.  Not to mention, the sun was shining so I was working on the "no-goggle-goggle-tan".

0 comments: