Day 95 | Adventure Camp (part II)

Easter Madness!!
-over 500 young ones in Whistler Kids
-Adventure Camp Ski sold out (no more instructors to go around)
-Destination sold out
-Snowboarding has over 65 riders
-2 feet of snow in 24hrs!

By the time we got everyone situated in their correct levels, it was well past 10am.  The village gondola was running extra slow due to the gale force winds.  A ton of snow fell overnight and Avalanche Control wasn't able to open the Alpine so ten thousand guests were all around Emerald Chair and Red Chair.  Welcome to Easter Week at Whistler Blackcomb.

I have a level three class with two Adventure Campers.  I started with seven kids but ended up giving away two of them at lunch.  I think we got to the Roundhouse around 10:30am where we were welcomed with blustery snowy conditions.  I determined that all of my kids could turn so we set off for Ego Bowl.  I didn't take them straight to the powder section as there was plenty of soft stuff on the groomed run.  Unfortunately, the team really needed some work on their turns so it took them a long time to get down to Emerald Chair.  The soft packed conditions didn't help the matter.

Anyhow, to make a long blog short, I was only able to get in three runs today.  One from Roundhouse to CLC via Ego Bowl (no powder drop).  Second from Roundhouse to Emerald Chair (powder drop from Slow sign off Whiskey Jack), and third from top of green chair down the powder in Ego to CLC.  So although the snow was amazing today, and there was plenty of it, I really didn't get to enjoy it that much.  However, I didn't spend the day on the Magic Carpet so it was all good.  More on tap for tomorrow --

0 comments: