Day 78 | three two six

Spring break continues in Whistler ... busy busy.  We had thirty snowboarders today.  I was hoping to get the day off since temperatures were in the single digits!  No chance when it's this busy.  No problem.  I took the level four class which started with three riders.  It only took a couple of runs before the guys were cold and wanted to head in for hot chocolate.  Mornings go by pretty fast when lunch is at 11:15am.  Even faster when it's busy and it takes over an hour to get the kids sorted into the appropriate levels.

During lunch I was handed three more kids, resulting in six boys for the afternoon.  I wanted to take them through the terrain garden on Blackcomb so we took the Peak to Peak immediately after lunch.  Once we all got rolling on Easy Out, I decided the boys weren't really ready for the terrain park so we worked on some skills instead.  None of them complained.  It wasn't long before we were back on the gondola again and finishing up our day.  It was cold but it wasn't bone chilling cold.  Conditions were hard packed to some snow here and there.  We're in need of the 60cm forecasted for the end of the week.  I finished my day on such a good note, I volunteered to work my day off on Friday (if we're still busy and short of instructors).  Weird since I wanted the day off to begin with .....

0 comments: