Day 94 | The ice was fricken' burnen'

Sunday Club and Tasman wasn't coming until noon so Roanan and I got in the gondola as soon as he was checked in.  11cm was recorded for snowfall overnight and I wanted to get some fresh tracks.  We reached the Roundhouse a little after 9am and we dropped off Whiskey Jack into the powder that was knee deep in some spots.  Roanan wanted to hit the terrain park so while he was hitting jumps, I was shredding fresh pow on the sides.  We managed to get in four good runs with fresh tracks before my little buddy noticeably needed some water and a rest.

We had time for one more run before lunch so after our break, we headed to the Peak Chair.  I had this great idea to take the Saddle, knowing the snow off the groomer would be awesome.  Unfortunately, the winds were gusting furiously up Peak Chair and it was almost a white out.  On the cat track to the Saddle, the snow was whipping so hard that it hurt your face.  Or as Roanan described it to Tasman, "The ice was fricken burning!"  We managed to walk our way over to the Saddle and like I expected, the snow was amazing off the groomer.  Roanan had a bit of a hard time on the flats but he made it.

Tasman met us for lunch and afterwards the only thing the boys wanted to do was hit the park.  Fine by me since I'm enjoying the park these days myself.  Unfortunately, all the nice powder we had in the morning, was now hard packed and made for choppy conditions.  Even the boys wanted to ride lower, where the snow was more slushy.  We did a run down to the valley with Rusty's class, another run from midstation, and then the day ended in the rain.  One more week of Club.....

0 comments: