Day 91 | odd couple

Half way through Adventure Camp and today I was lucky enough to only have my AC kids and no one from Destination. We took a warm up run down Whiskey Jack and then headed to the terrain park. The surfer kid had no problem going over the jumps but the other kid kept landing on his edge and falling. I told them we couldn't go through the park anymore until he learned how to land flat. They seemed fine with that, especially after I told them we could build a jump at the CLC in the afternoon.

After lunch they practiced on the boxes by the handle tows. Once they were bored with that, we went up Garbanzo chair and hit some blue and black runs. I kept my promise and built a jump for them at the CLC. The snow was super soft so it was easy to build up their confidence here. I joined in on the fun myself (see video).

On another note:  a friend of mine working Ride Tribe this week has a group of teenage girls in his Adventure Camp class. One of them is the daughter of the late Tony Randall (Felix Unger). Remember when Tony Randall married a girl who was 25 years old when he was 75? Apparently their daughter is almost a teenager now.

0 comments: