Day 14 - Keep our air clean and our snow deep

It's getting colder!  -17°C in the Alpine today.  I was scheduled for Ride Tribe and the last thing I wanted to do was spend the day in the freezing temps.  I knew there were only 2 Riders signed up and I prayed they were someone's returns from yesterday.  Meghan was the only other Snowboard Instructor scheduled.  It turned out the two kids were brother and sister and today was their first day in lessons.  They were both a level three.

Meghan tried desperately to get me to take the class, saying she had to work her second job tonight.  But I wasn't keen on spending the day in the cold either so we Rock, Paper, Scissor 'ed for going home.    As you can guess, I lost!

The day wasn't as torturous as I thought it would be.  My feet warmers and hand warmers helped keep me somewhat comfortable.  The sun also helped.  Conditions are getting hard packed with icy spots.  Every snow gun that Whistler Blackcomb owns was firing today.  We took a long lunch and then had a long break at the CLC in the middle of the afternoon.

Temperatures are getting colder before getting warmer so I asked Morgan to cover my shift tomorrow.  Peak Chair is scheduled to open on Friday and the new Crystal Chair is scheduled to open on Saturday.

0 comments: