Day 31 - an apple a day keeps the snow away

I enjoyed my one day off out of a twelve day work span.  It was another busy day on the hill and we had just over 300 kids between ski lessons and snowboard lessons.  That included 13 Lil Rippers!  Lucky for me, Cooper was coming back and his parents requested I teach him again so I was assigned level fours with a new guy named Jorge.  Eleven level fours showed up and we headed to the Roundhouse to do a split.

My decision to do a split from the Roundhouse wasn't the best decision.  We should have done a split on the run to the Village as we ended up with three level threes in our group and it took us a bit of time to get from the top of the mountain to the top of the Olympic Chair where the level three class was.  When it was all said and done, I took three girls and Cooper.

The morning went by quickly and after lunch the girls wanted to go to the Saddle so it gave me the opportunity to try the new six-pack Harmony Chair.  Visibility in that zone wasn't great but we got lucky when the cloud blew off most of the Peak when we entered the Saddle.  The snow there was amazing (relative to what we've been experiencing).  I wish we could have done a couple of laps up there but as level fours, we weren't allowed to ride the Peak Chair.

By the time we reached Red Chair, it was almost time to go home.  We spent a bit of time at the CLC and then snowboarded to the Village to end the day.  


snow base - 89cm

0 comments: