Day 20 - Peak Chair

With the new snow yesterday, I figured I better go up and check out the conditions.  There wasn't as much new snow as I had hoped but there was enough to get some soft runs in.  I headed up the gondola around 10am.  Libby & Sean were going to meet up with me around 11am.   It was a partly cloudy day with the sun peaking out here and there.  The Peak Chair was socked in with a cloud.

My first run was through Jolly Green Giant/Terrain Park.  Plenty of soft snow through there though the moguls on the groomers were very icy.   I decided to give it a try hoping the backside had more visibility and I could get back to Red Chair to meet up with Libby.  Unfortunately, the backside of the Peak was closed so I headed over to The Saddle on the cat track which virtually had zero visibility.  One in The Saddle, I found lots of snow on the skiers' right but unfortunately I couldn't see a thing.  I'm prone to vertigo so I didn't enjoy that too much but I managed to eventually get down out of the fog and headed towards Red Chair via Wild Card.  It was 11:30am and I still hadn't heard from Libby, with a slight headache, I decided to download on the gondola and call it a day.

0 comments: