Day 26 - Mr. Excitement

The holiday season brings Adventure Camp to Snowboard Lessons.  It's a Monday through Friday lesson with the same Instructor all week.  Combined with Destination, we had about 75 snowboarders in Whistler Kids today and I ended up with three boys who were level three Adventure Campers.

We spent the morning on the lower half of the mountain, in the rain.  : (
By the time we sorted through all the kids and got our classes straightened out, the boys and I had time for two runs down to the Village before lunch.

While we were eating, one of my kids said his wrist was starting to hurt.  He said he hurt it the other day in lessons and his mom told him if it hurt too much he could go home.  So that's what he did.  I'm not sure if his wrist really hurt or if he was just being lazy.  I think lazy but it's the kids who usually don't complain much about pain that are the ones who are really hurt.

After lunch, I took the other two boys up to the Roundhouse.  The snow was soft packed and they loved it.  My one kid, named Cooper, was so excited about riding on top of the mountain he kept yelling (as he was riding):  "This is so amazing up here.  The snow is so soft and powdery!  Look at the scenery!  It's so beautiful!  Ronia, you are so lucky you work here!"  etc. etc.  It was pretty funny.



0 comments: