Day 16 - cookies for lunch

Fingers and toes are crossed that this cold snap ends today!  A week of frigid temperatures is starting to drive me crazy.  Another sunny day in Whistler with still no snow and a high temp of 10°F in the Village.  I went to work and was assigned level twos.  I started my day with two of them, a boy and a girl.  One was kind of turning and one wasn't turning at all.  We spent the morning on the Super Carpet.

After lunch, I placed the stronger boy with Melissa, who also had a low level three/high level two.  I thought he would work well with her class and it turns out I was right.  He ended his day as a high level three and it was only his third day of snowboarding ever!  My girl and I spent the afternoon on the Magic Carpet where I was able to hold her hand and get her turning from edge to edge.  She finally did five linked turns without falling.  She was happy and I was happy for her.  Her dad thanked me with a nice $20 tip.

0 comments: