Day 33 - no one wants to work

I tried desperately to not get a class today.  I was assigned level ones and we had three classes of Destination ones and a class of AC.  We had plenty of Instructors scheduled and five us wanted to go home for the day.  When it was all said and done, four of us were free to leave .... but then the Scheduler called and said Ride Tribe needed another Instructor.  The "kids" from Schools all refused to go saying they weren't qualified, so I stepped up and raced down to the Village to take the class.

Although I was tired, I knew working all day was a better decision than going home and doing nothing all day.  My Ride Tribe was a group of five friends from Austin Texas.  They were all seniors in high school and one of them owned a condo in Vancouver.  The kids were super nice, very engaging, and pretty good on their snowboards.

We spent the morning on the Magic Chair and then lapped the gondola for the entire afternoon.  Conditions were Spring-like as the snow in those areas was soft and almost slushy.  The kids wanted to explore Blackcomb a bit more so they signed out around 2:45 and headed up the Excalibur Chair on their own.  I grabbed their Flaiks and headed home.  I was right, it was a way better day work vs. sitting at home and doing nothing.  Still tired though .....

0 comments: