Day 27 - I can't find my beaver!

Strange morning for me at work.  I only had two kids show up for Adventure Camp and as we were waiting in line for the gondola, my little boy Marven (from Hong Kong) suddenly felt hot and said he didn't feel good.  He almost passed out standing in line!  We quickly got him to the Whistler Kids office where we called Patrol and his mom.  Mom took him home as she said he had a bit of a cough in the morning but didn't have a fever.  Hopefully he got some rest today and he will rejoin us tomorrow.

When I finally made it to the CLC, classes were split and I only had to deal with my one kid:  Mr. Excitement.  We tagged along with the second level three AC class and I team taught with Nick for the morning.

Snow up top was still pretty good.  Soft packed with icy spots in the usual highly congested areas.  Nick and I worked with the class of six giving them different exercises to do in order to keep their bodies balanced and centered over their boards.  Nick has a split and by the end of the morning, the kids in the back were improving greatly.

After lunch I gave Cooper the option of going with just me or we could stick with Nick's group.  He decided to go with just me so we made the most of the afternoon.   I took him through Marmot Trees, through the trees in the Terrain Park and down the toilet bowl section of Dave Murray.  By the time the day was over, Cooper was worn out!  I'm sure Mom and Dad will be pleased with that this evening.

0 comments: