Day 21 - Park with Pippa

With the lack of snow this season, it's no wonder I've been feeling pretty lazy about riding my board.  I didn't go up on Saturday (my day off) and I called in sick on Sunday.  I thought I'd better get a shred in today before I'm scrambling at the end of April to get in my 100 days.

I met up with Pippa at 9am in the Village and we headed up Blackcomb.  A dense cloud covered the lower elevations all day and went up to the bottom of Solar Coaster.  Visibility in these areas was next to nothing, which we quickly figured out by venturing over to the new Crystal Chair.  Instead of riding in the Crystal area, we headed over to the Terrain Park as Pippa wanted to hit a couple of jumps she's been working on.

The nice about getting up early and riding Park is that most of the "Park Rats" are still in bed at that hour of the morning.  We literally had the Park to ourselves and the snow was nice and soft with lots of untouched corduroy.  We took a few laps then ran into Jordan and Hector who also took a lap with us.

After a nice long break in the Rendezvous, we headed back for a few more laps in the Park.  This time it was much busier but the snow was still nice and the jumps were nice (said Pip).  I didn't hit anything as I'm still not feeling like getting much air these days.  I think I need a few nice soft powder days to build some confidence up.

It was a great day with Pippa as she was super stoked about hitting the two jumps she was practicing.  I think this was the longest time I've been out free riding so far this season.  Everyone in Whistler is hoping and praying that some snow comes soon!!!  It's almost Christmas for crying out loud!!!




0 comments: