Day 17 - Crustal Zone

We still have very minimal snow here in Whistler but the temperatures have gone back to normal.  Our snow base is currently 79cm (31 inches) and the snow guns are still blowing like crazy.  I didn't get a class with Ride Tribe yesterday and instead of taking a couple laps in the sunshine, I napped on my couch.  Today I thought I better get up there.  I was scheduled for an RST at 1:00pm and told Libby and Pippa I could ride until then.

Sean and Libby met me at Creekside and we rode down to the Village to go up Blackcomb because Sean is petrified of the Peak 2 Peak.  We met up with Pippa at the top of the gondola and headed towards the new Crystal Zone.  The sun was shining but clouds would roll in and out occasionally.  We took a couple of laps down Rock & Roll before heading over to Jersey Chair in order to hit the Terrain Park.  On the way over, Sean hit a rock and tore his edge completely out of his board.  In proper Sean fashion, he rocked down to Showcase to buy a new board.  We rode with him to the top of the Excalibur Gondola where Pippa and I headed back up.  We met up with some of her friends at the top of Jersey Chair.  I was cold and hungry so she took off with her friends and I headed back over to Whistler and called it a day.  Sean got a new board and I think they met back up with Pippa later in the afternoon.




0 comments: