Day 100 | "Hi everybody!"

Last day of Adventure Camp and I have to say that I really enjoyed my three kids this week.  I promised them we would go on the Peak 2 Peak today so we did that first thing in the morning.  The sun was shining and the groomers on Blackcomb were really fun.  Slingshot was the run of the day and I told my kids to work on their speed so we zoomed down under the chairlift on perfectly groomed snow.  Normally I'm bored with that kind of stuff but I was really enjoying it.  Unfortunately our time on Blackcomb was cut short because of the low level Destination kid we had to pick up.  He should have been practicing on easy green slopes so keeping up with us on blues exhausted him after only two runs.  Luckily we were able to drop him down to a different level at lunch.

It clouded up and started snowing/raining in the afternoon.  After lunch we ran down to the village where we watched skiers and riders jump into a huge airbag set up at the bottom of Fitz Chair by Oakley and Camp of Champions.  From there we took one last run from the top, and of course, we went through Marmot Trees. I took a lot of fun photos of the kids and asked the parents to email me for copies.  One parent was kind enough to give me a $5 tip.  That was greatly appreciated considering I spent the last five days with these kids.

This is the earliest I have reached the 100 day mark and it was a great day.  I still have a month of riding left and Aimee is coming back to town soon so I'm sure I will hit 120+.  I foresee much Spring park riding in my future.




0 comments: