Day 92 | teenage boys

I was asked to work Ride Tribe today (13-18 years old).  As long as I get work, I really don't care where I work.   I knew I'd end up with a low level class just because I'm low man on the totem pole in that department.  No biggee as it's at the point in the season where I'm there for work and not worried too much about the snowboarding aspect of it.

Another foot of snow fell overnight, bringing our snowbase up to almost 400cm.  We've had over 6 feet of snow in the past seven or eight days.  I can't say I've enjoyed much of that as most of the classes I have taught lately have been low levels.  

Anyway, today I had four boys from USA.  Brothers from Memphis, a kid from Connecticut, and a kid from Houston, Texas.  All very nice kids and because three were from the south,  I heard a lot of "yes ma'ame"- very polite kids.

Naturally we spent our entire day at the Olympic area.  Spent most of the day on the Super Carpet and took one run up the Olympic Chair.  Three out of the four of them were turning by the afternoon.  The funny thing about teenage boys is that they learn by "discovery".  There's no holding their hands and helping them down the bunny hill as they try their edges for the first time.  They just stand up and go for it.  Quite different from the seven year olds who hang onto you for dear life!

0 comments: