Day 87 | Born in the USA



I was really dreading going to work this morning.  I contemplated going home if we were overstaffed but I really need the ca$h (who doesn't!).  I was assigned level twos but I opted for level ones as I didn't want to deal with a class of five kids from Panama.  Instead I got two very nice kids, one from Seattle and one from Florida.

Another 7 inches of fresh snow fell overnight and the Magic Carpet had some tough sticky powdery conditions first thing in the morning.  I started the kids on their toes then progressed to their heels and zig zags - all before lunch!  By the afternoon, the snow had packed down giving the kids an easy practice run so I got them to start learning their S turns.  By the end of the day, one was going off of jumps and both were connecting turns down the Magic Carpet.  They both said they had a fun day and were overwhelmed with how much they were able to learn in six hours.  The boy from Seattle expressed his joy so much to Mom that she booked him in lessons again for tomorrow and sent WB Snow School a very glowing email about me.  I found out that today is International Awesome Day ... and ironically, I had a great day even though I was expecting the worse.

0 comments: