Day 89 | dress your Instructor day

Nine inches of snow fell overnight and I finally got to get up into the Alpine and enjoy some powder.  I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I hate my 2010 Burton Feelgood in powder.  I think it's too stiff.  I can't lean back and control where I'm going on the thing.  Luckily I only have to use it at work and I'm usually restricted to powdered green runs on work days.  I can deal with it on those types of runs but it isn't too fun.

Anyway, my Club kids and I hit Tokum (the run of the day) before 10am and found some fresh lines and deep powder.  The Alpine never opened today so all the runs were tracked out pretty quickly, not to mention the lift lines were pretty long.  We didn't do as many runs as I would have liked today.  I'm not sure why.  My kids wanted to spend most of the afternoon at the CLC going over the jump.  I probably should have made them ride more but it was snowing pretty heavy and I was pretty wet so I didn't argue much.

Ava's parents did a good job of dressing me up today.  I felt kind of silly snowboarding with a hot dog purse but I got to keep the boxers so it was worth it.   : )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
snowbase - 358cm

0 comments: