Day 96 | March Adventure Camp

Busy times at Whistler here on out until the end of the season.  This week starts off with Canada spring breaks.  Since it's busy, Snowboard Adventure Camp is back in action and I have level threes!  We had over 50 riders in lessons today and numbers look to be the same for the week.  I have three kids in Camp but should probably have a full class every day for the week.  Today I had a total of seven, well .... six and a half.  I took a Lil Ripper who can turn all the way to the village but since he's so small, he gets super tired and needs much longer breaks between runs.  So he ran with me and the big kids every other run.

In a perfect world, my level threes would have enjoyed a day of riding green runs in the Family Zone on top of the mountain.  But in busy world, my level threes were really all high level twos.  We spent most of the morning working on our turns on the Super Carpet.  Fortunately, all the kids were turning after this session.  Their turns weren't very pretty but at least they were turning.

We then spent the remainder of the day running down to the village.  Snow was slushy and it was raining by late afternoon.  Throw in some jumps at the CLC and a final run to the village and we can call it a day.  Oh and I don't want to forget to mention how one of my kids let her snowboard run down Lower Olympic and into the woods.  Luckily one of the boys was all too happy to hike down and get it for her.  He was our hero! and proud that his mountain climbing lessons finally came in handy.


0 comments: