Day 98 | absolutely beautiful Wednesday

My great day yesterday was even keeled today with a split in my level three class.  Basically the four kids I picked up in Destination were much slower than my two kids in Adventure Camp.  The only one frustrated and complaining about the situation was me.  I don't think the kids even noticed.

With another day of over 50 snowboarders, it took awhile to get everybody up to the CLC and sorted out.  Once my class was in order, we got our photo taken and we headed up the gondola.  We only had time for one run before lunch.  I had to keep a very slow pace for the slower kids in the class.  One guy with us was technically a level two but because some Instructor moved him up to level three days ago, I had to keep him at level three.  I didn't have the heart to tell him he was really a level two.  Today was the second time this week he was in my class and both days I wanted to move him down but didn't.  Luckily he's riding with his family tomorrow and then going back home on Saturday so I don't have to deal with him on Thursday.

Weather wise, the day was amazing!  The sun was shining.  The sky was blue.  The snow was white.  A high freezing level left for great slush below mid-station and perfect conditions for jumps at the CLC.  The groomers in the Alpine are still nice and soft packed.  We took a run through Marmot Trees and the snow through there is still nice as well.  Wednesday is Adventure Camp apre day so we had some ice cream around 2:30.  The day went by fast and all the kids seemed to have fun.  

0 comments: